Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Valentine Care Package

I know a lot of people feel cynical about Valentine's day, but I like to use it as an opportunity to show my loved ones (not just my husband) how much I care about them. Every January I begin making cards and gifts to give my family and friends. Since my sister moved to Belgium last autumn, I decided to put together a whole love Valentine themed package for her. I thought I would share with you how easy and affordable it is to do something like this.

Top tip: If you're sending a package within Europe there are very few restrictions you need to worry about and you don't need to fill in a customs form.


What I included

Belgium is the home of great chocolate so I didn't especially want to send any, but when I saw this adorable mini box of chocolates I know my sister loves, I had to include it.

I had a little look for fun printables on Pinterest and found some Harry Potter themed Valentines, both my sister and I are big fans so I knew she'd like those.

Otherwise I generally looked around for red/pink/love themed things to send. There are a lot more items I would have liked to include but I've been on bed rest a lot recently so shopping hasn't been easy.

Thanks to making an early start on my projects I was still able to include some handmade items. I made my sister a card, and used a die cutting machine to make a little decoration and some fun photo props.

My husband modelling the photo props
Top tip: The most important thing about creating a care package is early preparation. If your package is being sent abroad then you need to think how long it will take to arrive. See the Post Office website by clicking here.

Decoration

I bought some heart sequins and intended to use pretty tissue paper inside, but I forgot all about it- brain fog! I did use some cute washi tape and a printable label to decorate the outside of the package though, Everyone loves to receive mail, even better when it's all pretty!



Other ideas

You could also send...
a bath bomb - jewellery - cute stationery (stickers, notebooks, etc) - a DVD-  hot drink sachets - gift vouchers - a mixed CD - magazines
Pinterest has lots of great ideas and inspiration for care packages. You can find a board I've put together below.


Follow Katie's board Care package ideas on Pinterest.


Of course a loved one doesn't need to have moved country in order for you to send them something nice. You could put together something similar in a hamper and give it in person, or send a nice surprise in the post. I think anyone would be happy to receive a Valentine surprise in the mail.


I'm hoping to post at least once a month this year- fingers crossed my body will allow this. If there is something you would like me to write a post on, feel free to let me know in the comments. Don't forget to sign up for email notifications so you don't miss a post.

Love Katie x

Have you ever received a care package? What would you include if you were sending one? It would be great for you to share any ideas you have in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat so leave me a comment...