Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Travelling journal



I love to do swaps. I love to send my creations out into the world, and in turn receive things that can teach me, inspire me, and help me to "meet" new people.

When I found out about the website Swap-Bot, I jumped at the chance to be a part of regular swaps, choosing what I wanted to join in with, and what I wanted to pass on.

Recently, I put together a travelling journal for a UK swap in the group 'UK Happy Mail'. I have sent out several travelling journals, although none have come back to me yet, I have received e-mails every now and then about where they are and what they've been up to.

It's most exciting (in my humble opinion) when I receive a journal from my partner. I get to learn about other people, and am often very inspired by what I see and read.

Creating a journal is very easy, as you will see from my very short photo slideshow below.




In case you're still stuck for ideas, I thought I would share some ideas with you.

Ideas/prompts:

  1. A whole page devoted to one colour- pink, orange, blue, red, purple, green, etc 
  2. Your favourite quotes
  3. Create a collage using some old magazines
  4. Draw/paint/write about what you can see right now
  5. What or who are you thankful for today
  6. Your favourite animal
  7. Using a crayon or pencil, take rubbings from your surrounding area
  8. Finger painting
  9. Zentangle
  10. Your favourite childhood memory
  11. 50 (or even 100) things you love
  12. A page devoted to the current, or your favourite, season
  13. Write a letter to your teenage self
  14. A short diary entry of your day
  15. Take a clipping of your local newspaper
Get creative with how you fill the pages of your journal. There are no rules. Any medium goes. 

If you've got a good eye, you might have spotted that I filled a whole page with washi, and even cracked out my old Spirograph set from my childhood.

It's freeing to be able to put something down on paper, without re-arranging everything a gazillion times before I deciding it's good enough. These pages are candid- no perfection allowed.


Please feel free to comment about your experiences with travelling journals, or any more ideas you'd like to share.

Love Katie x

P.s. Welcome to my first post on this blog! I hope you'll consider subscribing so you don't miss any of the fun. Say hello to me on social media too, click on the links below or in the sidebar to the left

Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat so leave me a comment...